There's something fresh, crisp and vibrant about the scent of grapefruit. People are caught by its warm, citrusy nature that boosts their appetite and makes them feel lively and rejuvenated all at once. Today, let's find out more about this essential oil and discover its benefits; who knows, it might just be your next favorite fragrance!
Grapefruit is an essential oil gathered from compression. It is known in a handful of names, such as Citrus Paradisi, Citrus Maxima, and Citrus Racemosa. Its oil is filled with various elements, such as Limonene, Citronellal, Myrcene, Sabinene and Alpha Pinene. Bursting with a heavy dose of Vitamin C, it's not surprising that this essential oil packs a punch when it comes to health benefits.
- It is a prominent disinfectant. Thanks to its antimicrobial properties, you can use grapefruit as a disinfectant. It is a potent solution in eliminating infections in the stomach, intestines, colon, urinary system and even kidneys. You can also use this for oral and skin infections as well.
- It is a great antiseptic. With the benefits mentioned above, you can also add wounds, cuts, acne and other types of bruises to the list of items grapefruit oil can aid in healing. Use this to prevent tetanus from developing over your injuries.
- It is a pleasant stimulant. The scent from grapefruit wakes the body in many ways. It makes the brain more active, signaling a boost in your memory. Internally, it stirs your endocrinal glands which helps in the proper secretion of enzymes and hormones, ensuring that your metabolism runs in its best shape.
- It is an antioxidant. The bounty of Vitamin C present in this fruit helps boost one's immune system and wards off free radicals. Application of this oil reduces signs of premature aging, tissue degeneration, loss of hearing and vision, and mental sluggishness. It gives a nice jolt out of anxiety and nervousness, replacing your stressful emotions with a kick of joy.
- It is a formidable diuretic. Your digestive system can benefit from a whiff of grapefruit; it stimulates gastric juices and the bile and promotes proper digestion of food in the intestines. It also helps in the stimulation of your circulatory, excretory and lymphatic system. Your body, in turns, becomes lighter, thanks to the removal of excess fats, sodium and other toxins by urination.
- It is a powerful antidepressant. One sniff at this essential oil and your feelings of stress and gloom are slowly switched into positive emotions. The crisp aroma paired with its stimulating effects results to an uplifting boost in the brain.
How to use grapefruit essential oil? Easy. Blend it with other fragrances such as bergamot, lavender, lemon, rosemary, peppermint, thyme, ylang ylang and ginger. Take note that this oil is phototoxic; do not use when you are about to go out in the sun, as it causes skin irritation. Keep this oil away from the eyes, nose and ears.
For an essential oil tips, stay tuned to this blog. On the other hand, for beautiful essential oil organizers, visit our store and discover amazing products to keep your scent collection.
Hi there, i read your bblog from time to timme and i owwn a similar onee and i was
just curious iff yoou geet a lot of spaam remarks? If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or anything
you can recommend? I gett so much lafely it’s driving me insane so anny
help is very much appreciated. http://fdm.world-governance.org/fr/ruby-involvement-rings-sydney